Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nyte'n'Day - Lupus

Sometimes I just like to windowshop in SL, and I have some stores I just wanna check out, one of them is Nyte'n'Day (good quality clothes for a nice price) I like to go there on regular bases, to see what is new there.
It's a very nice store, with friendly Customer Service Reps.
And...then I saw this, retro kinda like dress, cuteeeee!!!

I just needed to decide what colour to buy, till I saw this purple one, Lupus and all proceeds go to Lupus Canada! I didn't have a clue what Lupus is, so I googled for it and started to read Nyte's blog.
From what I've learned so far about Lupus is that there is no cure, just medications to slow down or stop the disease, but it sounds like it's hard to live with this.(forgive me if I'm wrong)
It sounds like MS to me, and I know MS is a terrible disease, a friend of me suffers MS, and her condition is slowly getting worse and worse.

I noticed Nyte has a lot of items for Lupus, it is worth to check them out!
And with all the attention going on for RFL, I thought Lupus deserves some attention too.




Windlight! Showing Nyte'n'day's Retro dress.

2 comments:

Nyte said...

Hey :) Thanks for the mention about the Lupus stuff! It means a lot to me!!

Lupus is really hard to describe in one sentence... BUT basically: you're immune system gets all crazy and decides to attack good, healthy tissue/organs/systems. It can affect any part of the body really. How it affects someone is WILDLY different from person to person.

For me personally, I've had it for about two years now and been through one "flare" (when the disease is most active). During this time Lupus attacked my: joints, kidney's, blood, brain, lungs and heart... and I'm pretty sure I have a "mild" case.

Anyway - its just one of those things that life threw at me. I knew nothing about it either. Most people have never heard of it, but everyone knows someone that suffers from it. Its a disease that needs some research dollars thrown at it, and even though my purple SL outfits don't produce that many dollars... it's still something. :)

So again, thank you very much for this post!

Shenandoah Saintlouis said...

You're welcome! And because of your blog and the purple items in your shop, people will learn more about Lupus..:) I wish you all the strength in the world!

Shen